HISTORY

The History of Pine Grove

 

Pine Grove Community Church began as a Bible study meeting at Fort Wilderness (a local Christian Camp) led by Truman Robertson in 1979. By 1986, we had grown considerably and incorporated as Wilderness Bible Fellowship. In 1988 Larry MacKenzie became the first full-time pastor. In 1993, we moved to temporary facilities at a local elementary school and our name was changed to Pine Grove Community Church.  God provided for the purchase of our facility at 5840 Forest Lane in April 1994.

 

Pastor Larry resigned in March 1998 and Darrell Boomer assumed the pastorate in June 1999. In July 2001 Rob Soukup was added as a full-time Youth Pastor and in December 2001 a full-time Ministry Assistant was hired to help support the needs of the growing congregation.

 

After Pastor Rob’s resignation in December 2007, the Elders took some time to reevaluate the needs of PGCC. At that time it was decided that a new position would be created. The position of Pastor of Family Life & Discipleship was filled by Jeff O’Malley in October 2008.

 

Following Pastor Darrell’s resignation in December 2011, Darrell Peterson filled the position of Sr. Pastor from August 2013 through November 2014.

 

In March 2015, Nate Sheppard joined us as Pastor of Music and Youth. He fulfilled this position until his resignation in May 2018.

 

Pastor Jeremy Vander Galien has served as Sr. Pastor since December of 2015.

 

On December 2, 2018 we held our first worship service at our current home on North Stevens Street.

 ‚Äč

We are thankful for God’s faithfulness to us over the years and we look forward to His continual work at Pine Grove Community Church.  To God be the glory in all things!

1360 N. Stevens St., Rhinelander, WI 54501
715-369-5404

pgcc@pgcc.us

 

Get Directions

  • mailiconwhite.png
  • Facebook - White Circle
  • Vimeo - White Circle
  • YouTube - White Circle